Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jesse Anderson

Two days ago I wrote that I was beginning a thorough review of my newly expanded website ... here's the first puzzle I uncovered:

Rachel J. Anderson married James Aston - they are my 2nd great-grandparents.  According to their marriage record, Rachel's parents were Jesse and Angeline Anderson.

The antique photo album I received from my grandmother includes a photo that is labeled as Maggie Allen with Rachel Aston.  There are also two photos on facing pages that are identified as Maggie Allen and John Allen.  Sure enough, I found a marriage record for Margaret E. Anderson and John P. Allen.  But here's the rub ... Maggie's parents are shown as Jesse and Anna Anderson.

The album also includes a photo of Dave Anderson in military uniform- if he's in the album, there must be a connection ... don't you think?

I have no proof yet, but my initial guess is that Rachel, Maggie & Dave are siblings.  I currently have two Jesse Anderson's in my database (#176 father of Rachel and #233 father of Maggie), but I suspect they're actually the same man.  Similarly, I won't be surprised to find that Anna and Angeline are the same person.

Can you shed any light on these folks?



Read more about James and Rachel.

No comments: